Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Spalding DeDecker has a tremendous opportunity for a self-starter, motivated individual. This position will report and perform at the highest levels of the company. There is great upside growth potential for this position if the individual is successful. It is a leadership position on the Land Development team and is responsible for skilled and complex professional engineering work with minimum supervision; leading growth initiatives that include health care, senior assisted living, City of Detroit projects, or other potential growth areas. This position will market to owners and architects in the above-mentioned growth areas. Ability to introduce Spalding DeDecker to existing clients for new projects is a plus!
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage civil site and infrastructure design engineering
- Lead a team of engineers and designers for civil site
- Manage projects to a profit while meeting all deadlines with quality.
- Actively participate in the development of business from existing and new clients.
- Selling the services offered by the department as outlined in the Growth Plan Developed for this Market or as directed by the President.
- May organize and conduct presentations and interviews for procuring new clients, develop workload forecasting documents and organize a constructive workload schedule to manage all projects to budget and schedule of delivery dictated by the contract.
- Actively recruit new hires for the team as well as manage and develop existing team members.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and a current PE license in the State of Michigan
- The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of experience and be able to work independently as a project manager, and as part of our land development group
- Excellent salary based on experience and abilities
- Great benefits including medical, dental, life, and 401k
- Stock ownership
Spalding DeDecker is a drug-free workplace; all candidates will undergo a background check and must pass drug and alcohol screening.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is typically performed in an office environment, but field visits and client meetings are required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and resume via email, fax, or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
905 South Boulevard East
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
fax: (248) 844-5404