Mid-sized consulting and surveying firm seeking a construction office technician with an ability to recognize critical construction document issues, lead times, and deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain satisfactory relationships with the public and other company employees.
- Maintain the flow of construction documentation by receiving, sorting, logging in, coding, routing and distributing all mail and other materials by hand or electronically.
- Prepare and maintain shop drawing log, track, and coordinate reviews by contacting reviewers to confirm receipt of documents and understanding of review deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain Request for Information (RFI’s) log, track and coordinate responses by contacting reviewers to confirm receipt of documents and understanding of review deadlines.
- Track and log all contractor submittals and schedules.
- Create and track actions lists including but not limited to: letters, pay estimates, field work orders, work change directives, claims, change orders, and other daily, weekly or monthly reports as directed.
- Prepare and issue progress meeting minutes, compose reports and memoranda as instructed.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to use a personal computer, including the ability to manipulate documents within a computer filing system.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to understand plans and specifications for complex projects and respond to project complaints as they arise.
- Ability to supervise subordinate technicians.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and procedures for complex projects.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Must be currently certified Computerized Office Tech.
- Experience with the following:
- Field Manager
- Project Wise
- Adobe Writer
- MDOT forms
- MDOT Procedures
- Recent attendance to:
- MDOT material acceptance process
- MDOT prevailing wage training
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work in an office; regularly work at a desk.
- Stand and walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Competitive wages offered with excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K and Stock ownership.
- Spalding DeDecker is a drug-free workplace; all candidates will undergo a background check and must pass drug and alcohol screening.
Please submit resume via email, fax, or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
905 South Boulevard East
Rochester Hills, MI 48307fax: (248) 844-5404