Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Candidate for Construction Engineering Senior Inspector position should have extensive field and office experience in transportation and municipal projects. Other relevant experience includes water main, sanitary sewer, road, pathways, and stormwater system. Candidate should possess good communication skills and be able to promote and cultivate client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact daily with project team members, clients, contractors, and other project related persons.
- Read and interpret project plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Inspect various facets of underground utilities, road and/or bridge items to determine acceptability.
- Follow applicable QA/QC practices and procedures.
- Monitor construction work for compliance with all project documents including plans, contractor submittals, etc.
- Measure, calculate, and determine all quantities of assigned work and/or installed materials.
- Ensure that installed materials meet all specifications and testing requirements.
- Report any deficiencies in the contractors work to the Project Engineer.
- Prepare Daily Inspector’s Reports using FieldBook and/or other required software.
- Review Daily Inspector’s Report of other technicians; note deficiencies and seek correction as necessary.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Associates Degree in Civil Technology and/or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in construction engineering and inspection with field and office experience in transportation and municipal projects, including 5+ years of experience in bridge construction inspection or roadway construction inspection.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction practices and procedures as well as State and Federal delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including work orders, safety rules, procedure manuals, and construction drawings/plans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, Excel, Word, Bluebeam, and FieldBook.
- Excellent technical writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Preferred Certifications and Training include:
- MDOT FieldManager Training
- Storm Water Operation Certification
- Michigan Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) – Comprehensive Certification
- MDOT Density Technology Certification
- Michigan Concrete Field Testing – MCA – Level 1 Minimum
- MDOT Aggregate Technician Certification
- MDOT Material Acceptance Process Seminar
- MDOT Bridge Deck Construction Inspection & Bridge Rehabilitation Inspection
- MDOT Concrete Inspection Certification
- MDOT Hot Mix Asphalt (Bituminous) Paving Certification
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Individual must be willing to:
- Work outdoors and work overtime hours when needed.
- Attend client meetings.
- Stand and walk frequently; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Competitive wages offered with excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K and Stock ownership.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email, fax, or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
905 South Boulevard East
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
fax: (248) 844-5404
Spalding DeDecker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minority applicants to ensure a diverse and well-balanced workforce.
Spalding DeDecker is a drug-free workplace; all candidates will undergo a background check and must pass drug and alcohol screening.